You want your home office to be your sanctuary. It’s not just a place to work, but a retreat from the world around you.
- Focus on mood lighting – Proper lighting is key to creating a positive ambiance in any room, especially a room as important as your home office. Ditch your overhead light for the perfect light combo: (1) A larger attractive lamp with a 3-way bulb lets you choose your desired brightness in the overall room and (2) a task-oriented desk lamp gives you light for your work.
- Choose a becoming color scheme – One of the most dramatic ways to make your home office stand apart from the rest is to designate a color scheme. Choose a color you love and then consider adding a fun print or metallic to the design scheme, such as light pink and floral or black and gold. This way, you can easily find office supplies and decor that fit the theme.
- Create a delicious beverage station – We all know it is important to keep hydrated during the workday, and most of us enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea in the morning and afternoon. Why not use it as an opportunity for beauty? Find a pretty tray and on it organize a coordinating (or eclectically chosen) pitcher, water glass, teapot, and mug to add a little sparkle to your office space.
- Designate a cozy yet professional sweater – Just because you’re working at home doesn’t mean you don’t want to look great. It’s so easy to stay in your pajamas or have a work uniform of stretchy yoga pants, but you can be comfortable and sophisticated too. Look for a beautiful cashmere sweater (or similar) that will look great on Skype calls while still feeling so soft that you remember how lucky you are to work from home.
- Add the final layer with scent – We know that scent is one of the most powerful senses. Rather than walking into the jarring aroma of your printer ink, create an atmosphere that immediately sets the mood. A white tea and ginger reed diffuser is perfect for a home office because the white tea creates a refreshing, uplifting vibe while the spicy ginger notes add a warm, comforting feeling.
Let Oojra’s essential oil reed diffusers add the finishing touch to your home office. Shop our collection here.